Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
I am just saying I was blessed with the BEST roommates in college that obviously gave me terrific recipes.
I feel like it is always hard to find a great chocolate chip cookie recipe. Look no further, you have come to the right place!
There is a reason these cookies are so delicious…. there are 3 cubes of butter in them. Yes, 3 cubes. This makes them extremely soft so they may not be your go-to if you like crunchy cookies.
This recipe yields about 4 dozen cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda*
- 4 cups flour
- 1 pkg. vanilla pudding**
- 1 pkg. milk chocolate chips
*Here is a very useful trick:
If you don’t have baking soda, you can double baking powder for any recipe (i.e. in this recipe you would do 2 teaspoons baking powder instead of soda).
**If I don’t have a vanilla pudding mix I omit this ingredient. But… it is very tasty with it added!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, white & brown sugar, eggs, & vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix salt, baking soda/powder, flour, & vanilla pudding in a separate, small bowl.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients into the large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or longer, if you want the cookies to be more crunchy.
I was told by one of my doctors today that I need to cut back on white flour, dairy products, and processed sugar so please enjoy these cookies for me!
Remember to subscribe to this blog (on the right hand side) if you would like to receive updates on new blog posts.