Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 2-4 hours
Okay, you guys. One of my cute roommates shared this with me when I was first married and it has been a total lifesaver. It is so easy to make and delicious. I made it for dinner last night and knew I needed to share it with you. It is definitely a go to in our house and so nice because it saves well so you can have it again later just by doubling the recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa (If your family likes spicy, do medium or hot salsa)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 rinsed & drained can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups water (I add 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon for more flavor)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (This is one of my favorite spices!)
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray & place chicken in the crockpot.
- Mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and parsley in a bowl. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from soup & shred. (TIP: If you put your chicken in your Kitchen Aid, it does the shredding for you!!!)
- Place chicken back in crockpot & add cheese. Cook for 15 minutes more.
The best part of this soup is that you can make it your own by adding extra toppings. Some of our favorites are:
- Sour cream
- Extra cheese
- Tortilla chips (broken up)
We also LOVE to make quesadillas to dip in the soup.
Seriously you will not regret making this soup, and your whole family will enjoy it. Treat yourself for dinner tonight!
(Original Recipe is by The Six Sisters.)
Remember to subscribe to this blog (on the right hand side) if you would like to receive updates on new blog posts.