Jumpstart Your 2017 With One Word

After setting goals for the New Year,

what one word would you use to define your 2017

My word would be…

BECOME.

I want to BECOME a better mother by ending the comparisons I make to the thousands of mothers around me. I am the best mama baby O has and I want him to know that I believe that.

I want to BECOME more open to what God has in store for me and be willing to accept whatever that may be. I want to stop trying to make my own plans and let Him do the steering. I want to live with an open heart and hands to what He wants for me.

I want to BECOME a better wife to my sweet husband. I want to help him recognize how much I value him and the person he is. He has been the biggest blessing in the last year; I want him to think the same of me when he meets his own heartache.

I want to BECOME known as a person that filled 2017 with love and “took the sourest lemon[s] that life has to offer and turned [them] into something resembling lemonade” (This Is Us, Season 1: Episode 1).

I would love to hear what word YOU will use to define and jumpstart your 2017!

Kaitlyn

Remember to subscribe to this blog (on the right hand side) if you would like to receive updates on new blog posts.

12 Comments

• Michelle Catallo

January 3, 2017

Wonderful Word Of The Year! I truly don’t do resolutions but, set achievable goals. My word would be “Create” ~ I want to create more outdoor adventures with my kids this year 😀 I want to create lasting memories with them. I want to create a better life for us.

• Kaitlyn Brough

January 3, 2017

What a great word to choose Michelle! I love that you centered your choice on your children and creating memories for them. That is what they will have when they get older right?! The outdoors is perfect for that.

• loveyoumoretoo

January 4, 2017

I love this idea! My word will be positivity. I want to be more positive in all areas of my life. Radiate positivity was one of my goals, so I think that is the word I will choose for 2017.

• Kaitlyn Brough

January 4, 2017

I love this as well! I truly believe that others can tell when you are positive; it makes you a more beautiful person. Good choice!

• Kimberly Hsieh

January 5, 2017

This is an amazing post! Become is such a strong word and I love that you made it the theme of this post 🙂

• Kaitlyn Brough

January 5, 2017

Thank you so much Kimberly! I love the word become because it implies their was an action getting to that point.

• thefrenchiemummy

January 12, 2017

Love your word! So many great things you are planning to be! good luck with those. My word is balance. I will try to find with in between all the stuff that needs to be done…

• Kaitlyn Brough

January 13, 2017

Love this! Finding balance can definitely be hard as a mama. I think that is a struggle we all have!

• Emmie

January 18, 2017

I love what you said about stopping the comparisons to other moms. I’m working on the same thing! I think it’s okay to admire a quality another mom has and work on attaining that quality but it’s a different thing to feel badly about yourself.

• Kaitlyn Brough

January 19, 2017

Yes I completely agree Emmie! It is so hard not to compare. But we need to remember that we will be sooooo much happier if we don’t compare. Maybe we can help each other out?!

• Ana Rose | Roads and Pages

January 23, 2017

Those are good goals for 2017. I love your one word for this year. As for me, my one word for 2017 would be “Better.” I want to be a better version of me. I am what I am now because of God’s mercy.

• Kaitlyn Brough

January 23, 2017

I love the word “BETTER”. I think it goes along perfectly with the word become! It seems that we have some of the same goals for the year of 2017. God has given us everything, and I am excited to give back to him this year by becoming better and more like him.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS POST?